Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Capitol Tour - June 21


 Posted by Hello

Today I had the privilege of attending a tour of the Capitol building. The building has a rich history, some of which was conveyed to us by our chipper tour guides. It was an interesting experience to stand in the old Supreme Court room where great men like Chief Justice John Marshall once stood. There was also a substantial amount of artwork throughout the building. Unfortunately, having visited several world-famous museums in Europe, it was difficult for me to fully appreciate the Capitol’s artwork. The tour concluded with a real treat. My fellow interns and I were allowed to sit in on a House session. Because we were only able to stay for a few minutes, I wasn’t able to pick up much – other than the fact that they were discussing some aspect of intelligence. Still, it was neat to be in the center of the legislative process, and in a room that – before today - I’d only seen on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home